Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Sunshine and Fresh air...

is how I can descibe the backdrop of our trip to New Mexico. What a delight it was. Relaxation was the target and that I accomplished. The scenery was beautiful and the people were great. The best part was actually getting to meet fellow "Sucias". We all bonded and enjoyed eachother's company except for a handful, but no trip would be the same with out those few who try so hard to impress and act like they are better than others. They are only masking their insecurites by trying to show off that which they lack. Individuality!!! Come on people. Don't try so hard. Why does one find it so hard to be themselves? Geez!!

New Mexico was beautiful! I must admit, I never would have even considered visiting that state if it weren't for Alisa. The people were friendly and the weather was great! I couldn't stop taking pictures of those mountains. Not something you will ever see in NYC! All of us agreed that our next trip will be an All-Inclusive to possibly Punta-Cana or the Bahamas! Yipee. And hopefully that will be with the wonderful women who we met at this retreat.

On another note, there was no tension between my bestfriend and I, at least not from my part. Everything was great. We had fun as usual, even though we kinda spent alot of time in the bathroom...lol. I think I will blame our gas on the "High Altitude". I took lots of pictures and hopefully will have the opportunity to post them once I learn how to set it up on here.

Ok well, thats all for now. I am still in New Mexico time....haven't slept. Maybe got two hours...yikes!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Hey Chica! I think I was suffering from a little jet lag myself! Man! NM was beautiful and the mountains fantastic, but it feels good to be back in "civilization"! Can't wait for Punta Cana!

Joanne said...

OH, as for those people who lack individuality... well, I did socilogical research on this topic when I was doing my Rhodes Scholarship at Oxford one summer... ;-) LMAO!

judieannphotography said...

Hey mama! Glad to know you found my blog...
You are my first visitor besides Jay...I am happy!

I am glad I am back also now I need to just unwind from this weird vacation...lol....
All in all, I had a great time. I am so glad for meeting you guys.

CubanDiva said...

Yes it was a great time! I am so glad I met the NYC trio! I am saving for DR!!!